Hello all, this is Arkenova, or you may call me as Ark-E, the lead of Project DragonBlossom speaking. Of course, I'm relevantly new to the site since a fellow developer, Strife, which is known for Freedom Planet, has pointed me out to hopefully get some aid to this indie title I've been on since late 2012.
*Logo not final
What Is DragonBlossom?
A 16-bit action adventure platformer with RPG elements based off of elements from the Donkey Kong Country, Sonic, Klonoa and Okami, alongside many others. Choose between Adventure (Story) or Classic as Ayasuka and her friends are sent into an journey that rooted from the distant past on mains to stop an evil force from taking complete control of the Kingdoms.
Peek of the Main Story!
Long ago, after many struggles, the Four Celestial Sovereigns alongside with an unlikely Hero that took to the ranks of protecting a Princess, seals away the force as it was the cause of the among the spiritual imbalance of the land. It had caused many wars with the recent being the Dragon Wars that had brought much damage to the four Kingdoms; with rebuilding in progress and peace being restored, he made a one final vow before the Sovereigns scattered: it was a vow to pass his strength down to his future descendant in case the evil returned, leaving his sword in the ground where the seal was.
Time passes on and since the seal was weakening, there have been incidents of attacks that rose in the years, eventually bringing to the full release to terrorize the Kingdoms, bent on revenge and with the insight to cause the fulfillment of a dark prophecy. At the wake of the crisis, three individuals from different Kingdoms, all from different lines of life are brought together through the strings of Fate as they must fight back to save their World and solve the mystery of the intentions of evil at hand.
What Has Been Accomplished:
- Rearranging of Characters
- Revamp and Overhaul of Storyline
- Spriting Has Improved! (though I will still need aid, especially with stages and such)
- Stages Has Been Planned (Mostly with the first 2 leads)
- Gameplay Mechanics Are Mostly Done (WIP)
- Some Music Has Been Composed (I have a composer on board.)
- Additional Help has been added (Mainly for the artside.)
What Needs to Be Done:
- Extra Team Members are required/contacted
- Programming (of cutscenes/stages and whatnot); Level Designer and such will be required for Use for MMF2.
- First Goal to Get A Stable Demo Done Before Kickstarter Campaign
- You must have experience and if you are a bit lackluster onto making platformer style of pixelwork, you will be required to adapt to the style that I am going to lay out.
- You must get along with everyone. No drama please.
- You must show dedication. That means NO slacking off, I am usually flexible (if it involves emergencies/IRL issues).
- You must be ready to go because once you're in the team, I will be laying out tasks for you to do. The deadline is variable as of current but once we get a demo/Kickstarter out, then we can discuss on what date we can aim for.
- You must have a way of contact, most preferred is Skype.
- Revenue share. Once a Kickstarter is done, that will come in as payment.
What I Do: Lead, HUD, Storyboard, Writing, Concept Art and some Character Pixel Art (stills/minor animation)
1 - Composers
2 - Pixel Artists (trying to adapt to the style)
1 - Additional Help (Artist)
Colorful and somewhat cartoony; somewhat Sonic-esque
Music Samples So Far (WIP):
Further Details will be discussed in private. Please send your submissions there!
|Help me to feed little ants in need ;w;.....and get a new subbie too ;A;|